Marketing Club Constitution
To educate CSB/SJU students about different areas of marketing which includes but may not limit branding, advertising, networking, etc. This will enable them to gain experience in marketing through offering our services as a club to the CSB/SJU community and area businesses.
To be an experiential based club for CSB/SJU students which encompasses all facets of marketing that solicits our services to the CSB/SJU community and surrounding area businesses.
Article I: Name and Purpose
Section 1: Marketing Club
Section 2: Purpose/Mission
- Purpose: To educate CSB/SJU students about different areas of marketing which includes but may not limit branding, advertising, networking, etc. This will enable them to gain experience in marketing through offering our services as a club to the CSB/SJU community and area businesses.
- Mission: To be an experiential based club for CSB/SJU students which encompasses all facets of marketing that solicits our services to the CSB/SJU community and surrounding area businesses.
Article II: Membership
Section 1: Voting Member Criteria
- Every member of the Marketing Club become voting members based club meeting attendance.
- Three quarters of the club must be present during a meeting where voting will take place.
- Among those three quarters a three quarter majority is needed in order for an action to take place.
Section 2: Removal of Members
- If a member misses more than two meetings regardless of reasoning they will be contacted by an officer in order to discuss their situation.
- Once contacted they will then be given a chance to defend their situation.
- Three quarters of those in office must be present in order to vote on member removal.
- If the member chooses to appeal their position they have a week to present their case to three quarters of the officers for re-admittance.
Article III: Officers
Section 1: Officer Qualification
- Officers must hold a 2.5 cumulative GPA and their membership will extend for an entire academic year.
Section 2: Elected Officers
- Vice President
- PR Consultant
- Web Master
Section 3: Duty of Officers
- President – Presides at all meetings, calls special meetings, runs election process, helps manage one service area. The president is also responsible for creating a contract with the institution’s legal counsel to cover working relationship with off-campus businesses before any relationship can be entered into services.
- Vice President – Assumes presidents duties in his/her absence or in time of need, schedules meetings and facilities, plans member/officer training programs, and helps manage one service area.
- PR Consultant – head of stress relieving, designates team leaders for different areas of public relations, reports public relations status to President/VP, primary contact for all PR matters, helps manage one service area.
- Secretary – takes and distributes minutes for all club meetings, record keeper, and club historian, notify members of meetings, handles the official correspondence of clubs, primary contact with JCB.
- Treasurer – keeps all financial records, submits monthly audit statements to CFB, notifies organization of financial issues, and prepares budget/allocation requests.
- Web Master – in charge of maintaining and updating the website.
Section 4: Vacancy in Office
- In the event that any member of office leaves those duties will be handed to the next residing office member until a special election is held.
- Please refer to special elections section of Article IV.
Section 5: Removal of Officers
- If an officer misses more than two meetings regardless of reasoning they will be contacted by another member of office in order to discuss their situation.
- Once contacted they will then be given a chance to defend their situation.
- Three quarters of the officers must be present in order to vote on member removal.
- If the member chooses to appeal their position they have a week to present their case to three quarters of the other officers for re-admittance.
Article IV: Elections
Section 1: Election Procedures
- An application process will be used for Office positions.
- The core committee comprised of the current President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, PR Consultant, and Advisor will interview and select by a three quarters vote the next terms officers.
- Method of Voting: Secret Ballot
- A person can serve no more than 3 academic years.
- Elections will take place the first week in March.
Section 2: Special Elections
- Within two weeks of vacancy occurring among a member of the Office a special election will take place.
- The vacant position will be filled by A. the proceeding member of the office filling the position or B. a member of the club will go through the interview process. Refer to section 1 or Article 2.
Article V: Advisor
Section 1: Selection
- The Office votes and contacts the desired employee of CSB/SJU.
- Club advisor is required to be a faculty member covered under the D&O insurance policy of the institution.
Section 2: Duties
- Guides, Supports, Influences, Mentors, and Networks for the core values of the Marketing Club.
Article VI: Meetings
Section 1: Regular Meetings/Club Activities
- Club meetings will take place once per week on a specified day and location.
- Email will be sent out to notify members of club meetings and topic.
- Any regular club activities will be announced at least 2 weeks in advanced.
Section 2: Special Meetings
- A special meeting will be ran the same way/same format, and members will be notified through email.
- A special meeting will be called when a unplanned event/situation occurs.
Section 3: Parliamentary Authority
- The president will direct the meetings and will ask for updates.
- In the meeting projects will be executed/discussed.
Section 4: Quorum
- Three fourths of Club membership must be present for official club business to occur.
Article VII: Finances
Section 1: Co-Funding Board
- The Marketing Club will apply for CFB monies and if allocated, we will follow all CFB and institutional regulations.
- There will be no exchange of funds between the club and its clients; however, the club can certainly accept donations of materials or money. *
- The club's financial account will be housed at CSB.
Section 2: Honorariums
- No officers or members will receive an honorarium/stipend from the organization.
Article VIII: Amendments
Section 1: Ratification
If any member wants to amend the constitution they must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Must make proposal at the first meeting of the month
- Must present information to the officers
- Officers have two weeks to review the proposal and to present the decision to the club
- In order for the proposal to be amended, 3/4ths of the club present at the next meeting must agree
Section 2: Submittal to Department of Student Activities and Joint Clubs Board
- Any changes made to this constitution will be submitted to the department of Student Activities and the JCB.
Article IX: Project Guidelines
Section 1: Rights and Responsibilities
- The club will work to create a relationship with the Communication Marketing Service Department (CMS) so that CMS will feel assured that the CSB/SJU corporate identity is protected by the Marketing Club when working on projects.
- There will be no guarantee of performance by the club to its "clients." *
- The "client" will own the promotional material produced by the club, but the club/students will retain the right of representation to the marketing piece. *
- The contract used by the Marketing Club and its clients will include the previous (*) items listed, the second bulleted point under Article VII, Section 1 (as well as additional stipulations and terms) and will be generated by the CSB attorney.
The Marketing Club admits students without regard to their race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation or national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and other activities generally accorded or made available to members of the organization.
The Marketing Club considers hazing to be a degrading and destructive activity which is inconsistent with the standards of this student organization. The Marketing Club recognizes the dignity of every person and opposes all forms of hazing.