CSB Rugby Constitution
**The CSB Rugby Team is part of the Minnesota Rugby Football Union and abides by the rules of the Minnesota Rugby Football Union**
I. Name and Objectives:
- The name of this organization shall be the Minnesota Rugby Football Union, hereafter referred to as Union.
- The object of the Union shall be to administer and foster the development of rugby among all members of the Union.
- The Union shall be a member of the Midwest Rugby Football Union (MWRFU) and the United States of America Rugby Football Union (USA Rugby) and accept the rules and procedures of these governing bodies.
- The Union shall promote the fellowship and good spirit which is the tradition of the sport of rugby.
- All clubs in the state of Minnesota and, at the discretion of the membership, contain clubs outside of the state, will be eligible for membership. (A club is defined as any group of players that have joined together for the purpose of playing rugby.)
- All clubs, temporary and individual members belonging to the Union will be bound by the by-laws and constitution of the Union.
- The Union may grant temporary membership to clubs which form for a limited period time. At the time of application to the Union, the temporary club must define the length of their membership and when approved by the Union, a time will specified.
- The Union may grant individual members for a specified period of time, but at no time can individual memberships be greater than 1/3 of the total number of Union members' club.
- The governing body of the Union will be the Executive Committee, which will consist of the designated representative of the Referee's Society, a designated representative for youth player by the Minnesota Amateur Rugby Foundation (MARF), and of the following elected officers:
- President - (Elected at end of fall semester for entire year starting in the spring and ending the following fall) The President will serve as the chief executive officer of the Union and exercise general supervision of the officers and agents of the Union. The President will chair all general meetings of the Union and of the Executive Committee. The President will represent the Union and its members to both the MWRFU and to USA Rugby and will be the person responsible for dealing with these organizations.
- Secretary - (Elected at end of fall semester for entire year staring in the spring and ending the following fall) The Secretary will be responsible for the correspondence of the Union and will maintain and circulate a roster of all members and officers. The Secretary will keep minutes of all general and Executive Committee meeting minutes. The Secretary shall also maintain the general playing schedule for all member clubs.
- Treasurer - (Elected at end of fall semester for entire year staring in the spring and ending the following fall.) The Treasurer will administer the financial affairs of the Union and will prepare reports for the Executive Committee and on an annual basis to the membership. The Treasurer shall maintain records in such a manner that they can be audited by an external entity.
- Public Relations Representative - (Elected at end of fall semester for entire year starting in the spring and ending the following fall.) The Public Relations Representative is responsible for all publications, notifications of games and reporting of scores to the public. It is the PR Representative's responsibility to maintain the website and record games as events to the senate. It is understood that no inappropriate pictures or wording will go on the website and a link for the club will be on the home page.
- Match Secretary - (Elected at end of fall semester for entire year staring in the spring and ending the following fall.) The Match Secretary is responsible for developing and maintaining the league schedule for the Union's season. The Match Secretary is responsible for communicating with the members and acting as a representative to collegiate programs and administrators.
IV. Executive Committee Procedures:
- Officers shall be elected in the designated year at the end of the annual general meeting of the Union. The term of office shall be one year. No person shall hold more than one office.
- Officers are eligible for reelection.
- Should any office become vacant, the President hold an election whereas the members of the Executive Board shall vote in a replacement to finish the term. All replacements must be voted in by a 2/3 majority vote of the remaining officers.
- An officer may be removed from office by a 2/3 vote of the members. An officer removed must be allowed to defend herself and be given just cause for the removal.
- At Executive Committee meetings, each officer shall have one vote. The President shall have a casting vote in the event of an equality of votes on a matter before the committee. For a binding vote to be taken, 3/4 the elected officers must be in attendance at the meeting.
- The Union will hold at least one meeting per year. The annual general meeting of the membership will be held in November of each year.
- An Extraordinary meeting may be called by the Secretary at the President's request.
- Members shall be notified at least one week before any meeting.
- A good faith effort will be made to notify members of all executive committee meetings.
- At the first game of each academic year, all presiding officers, except the President, must wear a red sport bra.
- All meetings of the Union are open meetings.
- At the general meeting of the membership, a quorum will consist of a majority of the elected officers of the Union and delegates or their proxies, from a majority of their members. Each member is allowed to have one member speak for and vote on behalf of the member.
- At the beginning of each Executive meeting, the President will begin with the first statement in Pig-Latin.
- Proxies must be delivered to the Secretary in writing.
- Each member shall have one vote.
- All matters except those concerning the constitution shall be decided by a simple majority. In case of a tie the presiding officer shall cast a vote.
- Dues in the amount of $40 per member per semester will be assessed by the Treasurer. The Referee Society will receive $10 of each membership.
- All clubs are also responsible for payment of referees the following semester.
- All clubs are responsible for the payment of MWRFU and USA rugby dues each year.
VII. Alteration of the Constitution:
- The Constitution may be altered by a 2/3 majority vote of members.
- Members will be notified in writing of any proposed alterations at least 14 days in advance of the scheduled meeting where such an alteration will be considered.
- The Union defines hazing as:
Any instance of physical abuse, psychological abuse, or improper obligations, requirements, or time restrictions associated with or involving new members or their activities or associated with or involving any improper continuing obligation for membership.
- This Union condemns any behavior described above.