CSB Campus Ministry plans activities for spring semester
We at CSB Campus Ministry Faith Communities celebrated the week of Christian Unity in late January by inviting area pastors to lead a prayer service in the Fireside Lounge at Gorecki. It was a witness of faith and unity of churches many of our men and women attend.
We are looking ahead to the season of Lent and have some wonderful experiences planned.
- Busy Woman's Retreat will be Feb. 6-12. The women will reflect and journal on a scripture passage and questions. Each woman is also assigned a spiritual director who is a Sister from the monastic community.
- Candlelight Stations of the Cross will be held March 7 and 21 in the Sacred Heart Chapel.
- Daily Lenten Reflection will be observed Monday-Friday beginning Feb. 13 in the CSB Campus Ministry Office.
- Lenten Prayer will be every Thursday beginning Feb. 13 in the Fireside Lounge, Gorecki.
- Women's Wilderness Retreat at Camp Olson will be March 1-3. This is a time to connect with God's voice speaking to us in creation and one another.
- "Good News People" Scripture Study will be conducted in four sessions in March.
- Bread and Night Blessing will be on the first Tuesday of each month in the first-year residence halls and the third Tuesday of the month in the second-year residence halls.
- Ash Wednesday Mass with distribution of the ashes will be at 5 p.m. at the Sacred Heart Chapel. A prayer service with distribution of the ashes will be at 12:35 p.m. at the Sacred Heart Chapel.
We also encourage you to mark your calendar for these special events for seniors and their families:
- Mother Daughter Retreat is 12-3:30 p.m. on Saturday, April 13. This is a way to celebrate and honor the special relationship of mothers and daughters as the senior women prepare to graduate and move into a new phase of their lives. We will begin with a light lunch, followed by time of sharing and celebration.
- Graduation Mass is at 9:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. on graduation day. We invite you to attend the Mass as an important part of your special day. It is a time to give thanks for the wonderful years at the College of Saint Benedict and for all of us to pray for each of you and bless you on your next ventures. With the scheduled meal times at Gorecki this year, it makes it easier to attend Mass before or after your meal.