Please update your web browser or disable Compatibility View.

S/U Grading

Registration for S/U Grading

Arrangements for this non-honor point grading option should be made with your professor at the beginning of the course. Remember that undergraduates are limited in the number and types of courses they may take for the grade S (Satisfactory). See the Catalog for specific rules.

First-year students and all students on academic probation may not take the S/U option except for a course in which only S/U grading is available.

The grade S, once turned in by the instructor, is not subject to later change.

Grading options are listed in the Class Schedule as either "Grading Option A-F Required" or "Grading Option S-U Required". If neither of these statements is printed with a course in the Class Schedule, the instructor will permit eligible students to choose either option by the date the instructor specifies at the beginning of the course.

If coursework grades average below a C under the S/U option, the grade U (Unsatisfactory) will be given with no credit earned.

See also the Catalog reference to S/U Grading.