Override Request Process
- Students make an override request online - Override Request - Course Prerequisite/Course Restriction/Closed Course
- A copy of the override request will be sent directly to the student email address provided.
- The request(s) will also be sent to the appropriate faculty member/department chair for review.
- If approved by the faculty member/department chair, ANOTHER approval request will be sent to the student to confirm that she/he still wishes to accept the new course change.
- If there is no course overload, the request will then be processed and added to the student schedule provided that it DOES NOT have a time conflict with any other course.
- If the approved course is replacing another course on the student schedule, that course will be dropped from the schedule.
- If the approved override is a course overload (more than 18 credits on your schedule), an approval request is sent to Academic Advising. The only exception to this policy is in the case of Military Science courses.
How long will this process take?
- Please allow up to 3 weeks for the approval & processing of all requests (due to wait lists, volume of requests, etc.)
- If students have not heard anything after 3 weeks, he/she must contact the instructor or chair of the department directly
- Once approved, please allow 2-3 working days for the Registrar's Office to process the schedule changes
DUPLICATE REQUESTS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED