Please update your web browser or disable Compatibility View.

Studies at other Colleges

Studies at other colleges

Students may complete out-of-residence courses and transfer them to Saint Benedict's and Saint John's. The college at which the coursework is completed must be accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting agency at the time of enrollment. Courses to be transferred must be similar to courses offered for credit at Saint Benedicts and Saint John's. Courses to be transferred must receive a minimum grade of C. Credits received for these courses are translated into semester credits according to the appropriate translation formula. Grades earned for transferred coursework are not calculated into the student's cumulative GPA. Before credit may be transferred, the Registrar's Office must receive an official transcript directly from the college at which the courses were completed.

With advance approval, students may apply these courses towards common curriculum and/or major requirements. Work taken to complete common curriculum requirements requires prior consultation with and approval of the Registrar's Office. Work taken to complete major requirements requires prior consultation and approval of the department chair. When the transfer of these courses has been completed, the student should contact the director of academic advising or the chair with the request for academic exemption/substitution form.

Students who intend to transfer coursework from a foreign college or university must consult the director of international studies before beginning such study. Consult the Center for International Education for further information.

Note:  As a Transfer Student, in order for CSB/SJU to consider accepting credits from your current or previous college/university, you must have the final official transcripts sent to CSB/SJU.  For colleges/universities outside of the U.S., you must have a professional transcript evaluation completed through World Education Services (WES, or a similar approved professional transcript evaluation service.  The results must be sent to CSB/SJU for consideration.