Volunteer with us!
Saint John's Outdoor University and the Abbey Arboretum rely on a dedicated crew of volunteers for all of our work. For most jobs, experience is not required, but enthusiasm and an interest in the environment definitely are!
Have a group interested in service-learning? Sign up for one of the opportunities below or contact us for other options.
Fall 2017 Volunteer Opportunities - Wednesdays 1:15-3:30 p.m.
Workday Sign-Up Join the Volunteer Email List
(Signing up is helpful but not required)
- All the events take place between 1:15-3:30 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
- No experience necessary! Age: 18 and older
- Meet at the New Science Center pendulum at 1:15 p.m.
- We will provide any tools/gears needed for the project, but you are welcome to bring your own.
Wednesday, Oct. 18
- Stake, mat, and cut competing vegetation back from oak seedlings in Clay Piles deer exclosure by Sugar Shack/Prep Fields
- Please wear jeans or tough pants and long sleeves - working in raspberry/prickly ash areas
- Optional Items: lopper, hand pruner, gloves, water bottle, insect repellent