What Is Collegebound?
- An Outdoor Orientation Program and learning experience for incoming first year or transfer students to CSB/SJU.
- Students will either rock climb, canoe, backpack or camp and explore in Northern Minnesota for the week preceding orientation, no experience necessary.
An opportunity to learn about yourself and develop skills important to college life.
- A great way to meet other students, both first years and upperclassmen, before classes start.
- A good way to make the transition into college.
- Check out some photos from our past trips!
- Download the 2018 Collegebound Brochure
Dates for 2018
August 15-22 (The week before orientation)
Registration opens March 1, 2018!
Sign up for our email list (to receive information throughout the year regarding registration and other information)
- $375 (includes a $100 non-refundable deposit)
- This cost covers trip transportation, food, lodging, gear (if needed), and a memorable experience! This cost does NOT cover personal travel expenses from your home to CSB/SJU.
- If you are unable to make a credit card payment, contact Kyle Rauch ([email protected] or 320-363-2136) to make alternate arrangements.
- Wednesday, August 15, Arrive on campus, move-in, group meeting and dinner
- Thursday, August 16, Depart to North Shore
- Friday-Tuesday, August 17-21, Canoe, Rock Climb, Backpack, or Northshore Camp
- Tuesday, August 21, All groups meet up and camp in Grand Marais for the final night
- Wednesday, August 22, Return to campus
- Thursday, August 23, All first-year students move in and orientation begins
A Collegebound video compilation of 2016 participant, Joseph Pohle, on the BWCA canoeing trip.