Ski with the Stars
Thursday, February 13, 2014
6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
An illuminated evening ski on the groomed trails
of Saint John's Abbey Arboretum.
- Start at the Old Entrance Road on your skis or hop on the horse-drawn wagon for an evening ride out to the Sugar Shack.
- The trail grooming of the illuminated trails will be tailored towards classic skiing. There will be some limited skate skiing available on the Tower Field.
- Free ski lessons.
- FREE ski rentals will be available at the Sugar Shack from FitzHarris Ski & Sport.
- Rentals available on a first-come, first-served basis
- Skis for children under 70 pounds are limited
- CSB/SJU students & staff can check out skis from the OLC or CSB Campus Recreation before the event
- Warm up with hot chocolate and treats throughout the evening.
- Scheduled around the full moon to allow more moonlight!*
Thanks to our partners in the CSB/SJU Nordic Ski Club for providing ski lessons and helping with this event!
* The full moon always rises at sunset which in February is on Saturday the 15th this year. This means that the moon will still be low in the sky and behind the trees as it gets dark. The moon rises about 50 minutes earlier each day before the full moon which makes the 13th the best day for skiing under the moonlight! The Friday the 14th might have worked as well, but with that being Valentines Day we did not want to make you choose between a candle-lit dinner or star-lit skiing.