Maple Syrup Festivals
Saturday, March 25 & April 1 | 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Sap collecting, syrup cooking, horse-drawn rides, demonstrations, and hot maple syrup sundaes await the whole family. Soup and bread will be available for purchase at the festival, while supplies last.
Before You Come:
- The festivals are ENTIRELY OUTDOORS - rain, snow, or shine. Please dress for the weather.
- It is usually extremely muddy, snowy, and occasionally icy out at the sugar shack. We HIGHLY recommend wearing boots.
- Please LEAVE DOGS AND PETS AT HOME. While we love them too, they are not allowed in the Abbey Arboretum.
- All the activities are going on throughout the festivals between 1 p.m. and 4 p.m.
Pre-register this spring and save $1 per person (up to $10).
- Online Registration (secure credit card transaction)
- Youth (ages 4 - 17)
- Child (ages 3 & under)
- CSB/SJU student
- Monastery Member
St. John's & St. Ben's
NO REFUNDS AFTER NOON ON THE FRIDAY OF THE FESTIVAL.
Saint John's Maple Syrup Patch -
$2 ea. at the festivals
Actual size: 2.5" x 1.25"
Great for scouts, 4H, birthday parties or anybody who likes to collect patches! Color varies year to year.
Registration is near the Saint John's Prep School on the Old Entrance Road
The Sugar Shack is approximately 0.8 miles from the New Science Center at Saint John's University.
- Take the Saint John’s University exit from Interstate I-94 and head towards campus
- Continue straight at the 4-way stop, heading toward the Abbey Bell Banner.
- Follow the signs and volunteers to available parking near the Prep School or Science Buildings.
- Registration will be visible on the Old Entrance Road beyond the Prep School.
- View a campus map.