Maple Syrup Festivals
Saturdays, March 28 & April 11, 2015 | Open house: 1:00-4:00 p.m.
Pre-registration preferred, but WALK-INS ARE WELCOME! Directions below.
Join us for what has become our most popular event of the year!
Sap collecting, syrup cooking, horse-drawn rides, demonstrations, and hot maple syrup sundaes await the whole family.
Before You Come:
- The festival is ENTIRELY OUTDOORS - rain, snow or shine. Please dress for the weather.
- It is extremely muddy, snowy, and occasionally icy out at the sugar shack. We HIGHLY recommend wearing boots.
- Please LEAVE DOGS AND PETS AT HOME. While we love them too, they are not allowed in the Abbey Arboretum.
- All the activities are going on throughout the festival between 1-4 p.m.
NO REFUNDS AFTER NOON ON THE FRIDAY BEFORE THE FESTIVAL YOU REGISTER TO ATTEND.
Saint John's Maple Syrup Patch -
Registration is near the Saint John's Prep School on the Old Entrance Road
The Sugar Shack is approximately 0.8 miles from the New Science Center at Saint John's University.
- Take the Saint John’s University exit from Interstate I-94 and head towards campus
- Continue straight at the 4-way stop, heading toward the Abbey Bell Banner.
- Follow the signs and volunteers to available parking near the Prep School or Science Buildings.
- Registration will be visible on the Old Entrance Road beyond the Prep School.
- View a campus map.
Registration begins in March.
- Saint John's Outdoor U Marketplace: Secure credit card transaction.
Pre-register by NOON on the Friday before the festival you plan to attend and save up to $3 per person.
WALK-IN registration is welcome at the festivals.