About Saint John's Maple Syrup
In the News
- Maurice, Jim (2010) Maple Syrup Time at St. John's WJON Radio
- Kutter, Jenny (2010) The Story of Cane and Maple. Sagatagan Seasons 13:2
- Saupe, Steve (2010) The Energetics of Maple Syrup Production. Sagatagan Seasons 13:2
- Saupe, Steve (2010) Analysis of Saint John's Maple Syrup Records: 1942-2009. Headwaters 27
- Saupe, Steve (2010) Maple Syrup: St. John's Sweetest Springtime Tradition.
- Mcauliffe, Bill & Dean, Lee Svitak (2009) Monks Make Maple Syrup the Old-Time Way Philly.com April 9
- A Sticky Situation (2009) Wright County Public Health Internal Newsletter featuring the DeMars family.
- Bowen, Amy (2009) Scouts get a sweet education. St. Cloud Times, April 3
- McAuliffe, Bill (2009) Tapping Day gets the sap running at St. John's in Collegeville. The final result is a gesture in generosity. Star Tribune, March 25
- Twin Cities Live (2009) Saint John's Maple Syrup. Channel 5 Video
- Peterson, Brian (2009) Saint John's Maple Tappers. Star Tribune Video
- Saupe, Steve (2009) Maple Syruping and the Weather. Sagatagan Seasons 12:2
- Saupe, Steve (2006) Making Maple Syrup at Saint John's: Records Show Shifts in the "Sticky Business." Headwaters 23
- Geissler, J (2003) Spring's Sweet Flow. Sagatagan Seasons 6: 1
- Mattern, Patty (2002) Students experience sap system. St. Cloud Times, March 19.
- Durken, Fr. Daniel OSB (2000) Another Successful Maple Sap-to-Syrup Season. Connections. April 20
- Saint John's Sap Tap Zapped by El Nino (1998) Connections. March 26 (p 5)
- Nistler, M (1990) St. John's monks, students tap for sap. St. Cloud (Minn.) Times. Sunday March 11.
- Saint John's Sugar Bush: Still full of sap, still green. (1985) St. John's Abbey Quarterly 3 (2): 6 - 7 (April).
- A Labor of Love! (1966) Off-Campus Record. Spring 1966.
From The Record Archive:
(CSB/SJU student newspaper)
- "Arboretum bears sap," The Record April 3, 2008, p. 6
- "The annual maple syrup run is on" (in the "OFF The Record" column), The Record April 7, 1949, p. 1
- "5000 Gallons of Sap-To Make 175 Gallons of Syrup," The Record March 17, 1948, p. 2
- "Maple Syrup Industry On Campus," The Record April 12, 1945:
- "Maple Sugar Distilling," The Record Nov. 12, 1942, p. 3,
- "Tree Tappers Trap Sap," The Record April 16, 1942, p. 2,