2013 Goals and Learning Outcomes
The purpose of orientation is to introduce incoming students to the leadership skills and Benedictine values that construct the basis of the CSB/SJU community through the implementation of the following learning outcomes:
- Students will be introduced to the Benedictine Values that are the foundation of CSB/SJU.
- Students will gain awareness of the unique gendered residential life model and its significant role in their college experience.
- Students will gain awareness of the CSB/SJU coordinate relationship.
- Students will have opportunities to build relationships with their peers.
- Students will gain awareness of campus life/academic services available.
- Students will gain awareness of the academic structure of the Common Core Curriculum and faculty expectations.
- Students will gain awareness of the significance of leadership development at CSB/SJU.
- Students will gain awareness of the significance of life long appreciation for the fine arts as part of a liberal arts education.
- Students will be introduced to opportunities to enhance intercultural competency.
The CSB/SJU Orientation program will promote awareness and appreciation of one's personal identity along with staying true to his/her roots. Along with the guidance of other student leaders and staff, the first year students explored the unique tradition and heritage of the College of Saint Benedict/Saint John's University so that the students may use this history to expand their perspectives over the next four years.