Professor, Department of Nursing
[email protected] Office: Main 348 Phone: 320-363-5193
EdD in Educational Policy & Administration from the University of Minnesota, 1997
MS in Nursing from the University of Minnesota, 1987
MS in Special Studies: Health Care Education from St. Cloud State University, 1978
BS in Nursing from the College of St. Benedict, 1973
Areas of Expertise
• Adult Health
• Critical Care Nursing
• Nursing Education
• St. Cloud Hospital, Float Pool, Surgical Nursing Units, Operating Room
• Clinical supervision of students at St. Cloud Hospital, ICU, CCU, telemetry, progressive units, medical-surgical units, orthopedic unit, operating room, post anesthesia care unit, oncology unit, and rehabilitation unit.
• Clinical supervision of students in ICU and CCU at North Memorial Hospital, Methodist Hospital, and Mercy Hospital
• Clinical supervision of students at Minneapolis Veterans Administration Center, General/Vascular Surgery Unit
• Clinical supervision of students in Peds, OB, Med-Surg, ICU, and CCU at Monticello-Big Lake Hospital
• Clinical supervision of students at Monticello-Big Lake Nursing Home
My research interests are in the area of leadership and management, and use of evidence-based nursing practice.
• Ohman, K. (2017). Davis's Q&A Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination (2nd ed.). Philadelphia: F.A. Davis.
• MN Baccalaureate Nursing Skills Group (one of eight authors; manuscript submitted and in review). Student Nurses' Reported Thinking During Medication Administration. Journal of Nursing Education
• Ohman, K. (2012) Davis's Alternate Format Items for the NCLEX-RN® Examination. Philadelphia: F.A. Davis.
• Ohman, K. (2010). Davis's Q&A Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination. Philadelphia: F.A. Davis.
• Basol, R., Ohman, K., Skillings, K. Simones, J. (2009) Using Research to Determine Support for a Policy on Family Presence During Resuscitation. Dimensions of Critical Care Nursing, 28(5), 237-249.
• Ohman, K. (2009). Revitalizing for success with active learning approaches. In L. Caputi & L. Engelmann (Eds.). Teaching nursing: The Art and Science, volume 3. (2nd ed). Illinois: College of DuPage Press. (chapter revision for updated edition)
• Ohman, K. (2007). Using evidence-based practice to reduce ventilator associated pneumonia. Southern African Journal of Critical Care, 23(1), p. 35.
Recent Scholarly Presentations
• Ohman, K., & Daniels, J. (2016). Student Nurses’ Reported Thinking during Medication Administration, Presentation at the nursing conference “Transforming Healthcare: A Pathway to Nursing Excellence”, January 13-14, 2017, Honolulu, Hawaii. (1/14/17)
• Ohman, K. Revitalize for Success with Active Learning Approaches, poster presentation at the 3rd Annual Nursing and Allied Health Educators Conference at Sea, 6/7-14/2016
• Ohman, K. NCLEX-RN® Overview & Item Writing. College St. Benedict/St. John’s University, Nursing Faculty (12/11/15)
• Simones, J. Neal, D. O., Schug, V. Blazovich, L., Ohman, K. A. Student nurses’ thinking during medication administration-The collaborative research process between multiple nursing programs in designing, implementing, and analyzing research findings. Annual International Conference on Nursing, 4-7 May 2015, Athens, Greece. (5/4/15)