Assistant Professor, Department of Nursing
firstname.lastname@example.org Office: Main 337 Phone: 320-363-5162
PhD in Nursing from South Dakota State University, 2013
MSN in Nursing Education from the University of Phoenix, 2006
BS in Nursing from the College of St. Benedict, 1998
Areas of Expertise
• Perioperative/ Surgical
• Acute and Chronic Pain
• Family-centered care
• Medical/Surgical Nursing
• Maternal Child: Obstetrics
• Nursing Education
• Biomedical Ethics
• St. Cloud Hospital, Surgery, Charge Nurse, Staff
• St. Cloud Hospital, Surgical Units, SUR1 and SUR2
• St. Cloud Hospital, Labor and Delivery
• St. Cloud Surgical Center, Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU)
• Anesthesia Pain Clinic, Pain Coordinator
My research interests are in the area of evidence-based nursing care of patients with an emphasis on postoperative outcome improvement, surgical interventions, pain management, ethics in nursing, moral courage and alternative healthcare strategies for patients with pain.
• Dinndorf-Hogenson, G. (2015). Moral courage in practice: Implications for patient safety. Journal of Nursing Regulation, 6(2), p. 10-16.
• Berndt, J., Hoover, C., Neuwirth, J., Dinndorf-Hogenson, G., Tollefson, B., & Lang, N. (2014). Collaborative classroom simulation (CCS): An innovative pedagogy using simulation in nursing education. Nursing Education Perspectives. Accepted for publication.
• Dinndorf-Hogenson, G. (2013). Perioperative nurses perceptions of moral courage. Dissertation: ProQuest® Dissertation and Thesis Database, 348 pages; 3578016
• Hegge, M. & Dinndorf-Hogenson, G. (2012). Elders adapting to a chronic diagnosis within a nursing refuge. Nursing Forum, 47(2), 131-137.
• Dinndorf, G. (2002). Patient Assessment, In CNOR Exam Study Guide Book, Certification Board of Perioperative Nursing (CBPN), Competency & Credentialing Institute: St. Louis Missouri.
Committee Chair: Research Program/Scholarly Presentations, Sigma Theta Tau, National Honor Society, Kappa Phi Chapter
Past President: Sigma Theta Tau, National Honor Society, Kappa Phi Chapter
Past President: Association of PeriOperative Registered Nurses, Heartland Chapter # 2403
American Society for Bioethics and Humanities
Golden Key International Honor Society
Midwest Nursing Research Society (MNRS)
American Nurses Association (ANA)
Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI)
Association of PeriOperative Registered Nurses (AORN)