Early Admission Program (EAP)
We have found ACT/SAT scores are strong predictors of success in the nursing curriculum. CSB/SJU will guarantee admission to the nursing major at the time of enrollment to the college for students who meet the following qualifications. The ACT requirement is evaluated on a regular basis and is subject to change for those entering CSB/SJU beyond 2011.
• ACT composite score of 27 or higher (or combined SAT-1 score of 1820 or higher) at time of application to the college. The Nursing Early Admission Program accepts ACT/SAT scores for test dates during or prior to February of the applicant's senior year. Scores from test dates after February of the applicant's senior year will not be considered.
• Must have indicated nursing at the time of application to the college. Must be a new, entering first-year student.
• Therefore, if you graduated from high school, started your college career elsewhere, and are now transferring to CSB/SJU, you are not eligible for the EAP program.
Please note: You are automatically qualified if you meet these criteria; no additional notification will be provided.
To retain eligibility in the Early Admission Program (Class of 2015 and beyond) a student must:
• Attain a GPA of 3.0 or higher in prerequisite courses by the end of spring semester in the first year. Attain a BC or better in each prerequisite course. (The CSB/SJU grading scale is as follows: A, AB, B, BC, C, CD, D, F). Meet all other minimum requirements as explained above.
• A student who does not retain eligibility can still be considered through our general acceptance process.