We have found ACT/SAT scores are strong predictors of success in the nursing curriculum. CSB/SJU will guarantee admission to the nursing major at the time of enrollment to the college for students who meet the following qualifications. The ACT requirement is evaluated on a regular basis and is subject to change.
• ACT composite score of 27 or higher (or combined SAT score of 1290 or higher) at time of application to the college. For EAP purposes, the ACT composite score is not superscored. The Nursing Early Admission Program accepts ACT/SAT scores for test dates during or prior to February of the applicant's senior year. Scores from test dates after February of the applicant's senior year will not be considered.
• Must have indicated nursing at the time of application to the college. Must be a new, entering first-year student.
• Therefore, if you graduated from high school, started your college career elsewhere, and are now transferring to CSB/SJU, you are not eligible for the EAP program.
Please note: You are automatically qualified if you meet these criteria; no additional notification will be provided.
To retain eligibility in the Early Admission Program a student must:
• Attain a GPA of 3.0 or higher in prerequisite courses by the end of spring semester in the first year. Attain a BC or better in each prerequisite course. (The CSB/SJU grading scale is as follows: A, AB, B, BC, C, CD, D, F). Meet all other minimum requirements as explained above.
• A student who does not retain eligibility can still be considered through our general acceptance process.