17 CSB students selected for Omega Chapter of Delta Epsilon Sigma
March 28, 2016
Seventeen students from the College of Saint Benedict will be inducted into the Omega Chapter of Delta Epsilon Sigma (DES) Friday, April 8.
A celebration of the Eucharist is at 5 p.m. at Sacred Heart Chapel, Saint Benedict's Monastery, followed by a dinner and induction ceremony in room 204, Gorecki Center, CSB.
Select CSB juniors and seniors are inducted into DES each year based on a series of criteria. Students must maintain a 3.9 grade-point average or higher on a 4.0 scale, while also being involved in the community through volunteer and extracurricular activities.
DES is a national Catholic Honor Society with the purpose of recognizing academic accomplishments, dedication to intellectual activity and service to others. CSB has been a member of DES since its beginning in 1940.
The CSB students who will be inducted into DES are:
- Claire Buysse, daughter of Charles and Sharon Buysse of Marshall, Minnesota. Buysse is a junior chemistry major.
- Emma Christensen, daughter of Brett and Kathy Christensen of Blaine, Minnesota. Christensen is a junior mathematics major.
- Laura Comee, daughter of David and Amy Comee of Savage, Minnesota. Comee is a senior nutrition major.
- Maggie Ellis, daughter of Martin and Suzanne Ellis of Long Lake, Minnesota. Ellis is a senior elementary education major.
- Allison Fischbach, daughter of Jeff and Cathy Fischbach of Rosemount, Minnesota. Fischbach, who graduated in December 2015, majored in communication.
- Taylor Haag, daughter of Scott and Stephanie Haag of Omaha, Nebraska. Haag is a senior elementary education major.
- Rebecca Humbert, daughter of Terrence and Lori Humbert of St. Cloud, Minnesota. Humbert is a senior psychology major.
- Emma Johnson, daughter of Dan and Barb Johnson of Mora, Minnesota. Johnson is a senior chemistry major.
- Mia McVicker, daughter of Daniel McVicker and Christine Quist-McVicker of Isanti, Minnesota. McVicker is a senior political science and peace studies double-major.
- Megan Myers, daughter of Scott and April Myers of Sauk Rapids, Minnesota. Myers is a junior nutrition and economics double-major.
- Rachel Rittenhouse, daughter of Timothy and Julie Rittenhouse of Paynesville, Minnesota. Rittenhouse is a junior nursing major.
- Cassandra Roline, daughter of Glenn and Celeste Roline of Anoka, Minnesota. Roline is a junior mathematics and gender studies double-major.
- Hannah Salto, daughter of Timothy and Stephanie Salto of Long Prairie, Minnesota. Salto is a senior English and communication double-major.
- Amelia Schmelzer, daughter of Peter and Mary Schmelzer of Northfield, Minnesota. Schmelzer is a junior English major.
- Kaylene Marie Seurer, daughter of Gregory and Pauline Seurer of Farmington, Minnesota. Seurer is a junior nursing major.
- Emma Weber, daughter of Bruce and Alisa Weber of St. Paul, Minnesota. Weber is a junior accounting major.
- Nicole Womack, daughter of James Womack of St. Paul and Karen Womack of St. Paul, Minnesota. Womack is a junior economics major.