Omega Chapter of DES to induct 21 CSB students
April 2, 2014
Twenty-one students will be inducted into the Omega Chapter of Delta Epsilon Sigma (DES) Friday, April 11, at the College of Saint Benedict, St. Joseph.
The induction events will include a celebration of the Eucharist at 5:30 p.m. at Sacred Heart Chapel, Saint Benedict's Monastery. A dinner and induction ceremony follows at room 204, Gorecki Center, CSB.
DES is a national Catholic Honor Society. The applicants must maintain a 3.9 grade-point average or higher on a 4.0 scale, and must be very involved in the community through volunteer and extracurricular activities. The purpose of DES is to recognize academic accomplishments, dedication to intellectual activity and service to others. CSB has been a member of DES since its beginning in 1940.
The CSB students who will be inducted into DES are:
- Hannah Anderson, daughter of Craig and Vicky Anderson of Chaska, Minn. Anderson is a junior elementary education major;
- Kayla Anderson, daughter of William Anderson of Belleair Beach, Fla., and Jean Anderson of Grey Eagle, Minn. Anderson is a senior nursing major;
- Maria Anderson, daughter of Scott and Mary Anderson of St. Cloud, Minn. Anderson is a senior nutrition major;
- Grace Butkowski, daughter of Joel and Jennifer Butkowski of St. Cloud, Minn. Butkowski is a junior history major;
- Kathryn Gaydos, daughter of Drew and JoAnn Gaydos of Savage, Minn. Gaydos is a senior history and economics double-major;
- Rebecca Gudknecht, daughter of Chuck and Barb Gudknecht of St. Paul, Minn. Gudknecht is a senior management major;
- Abby Hendricks, daughter of Troy and Sue Hendricks of Laporte, Minn. Hendricks is a senior biology major;
- Melissa Kahl, daughter of Michael and Marjorie Kahl of Rice, Minn. Kahl is a junior nursing major;
- Katie Kuehn, daughter of Kevin and Diane Kuehn of Shoreview, Minn. Kuehn is a junior communication and psychology double-major;
- Tessa Lasswell, daughter of Mark Lasswell and Megan Kalina of Eagan, Minn. Lasswell is a junior nutrition major;
- Jennifer Line, daughter of John and Ann Line of Wausau, Wis. Line is a senior theology major;
- Anna Luke, daughter of Joseph and Susan Luke of Alexandria, Minn. Luke is a junior chemistry major;
- Erin Medvecz, daughter of David and Sharon Medvecz of Algonquin, Ill. Madvecz is a junior environmental studies major;
- Kayla Pawek, daughter of Brad and Michelle Pawek of Apple Valley, Minn. Pawek is a junior English major;
- Megan Sigrist, daughter of Jody and Debra Sigrist of Pine Island, Minn. Sigrist is a senior nursing major;
- Erica Sinner, daughter of Philip and Mary Kay Sinner of Renville, Minn. Sinner is a junior chemistry major;
- Bridgette Springer, daughter of Steve and Penny Springer of Prior Lake, Minn. Springer is a senior English major;
- Molly Sullivan, daughter of Todd and Peggy Sullivan of Le Center, Minn. Sullivan is a junior psychology major;
- Weijue "Shirley" Wang, daughter of Yuesheng Wang and Jiewen Zhou of Nanjing, China. Wang is a junior art major;
- Kelsey Weiers, daughter of Ron and Dianne Weiers of New Prague, Minn. Weiers is a senior computer science major;
- Chendan Yan, daughter of Jinqiu Yan and Ming Wang of Pudong New Area, Shanghai, China. Yan is a junior environmental studies and philosophy double-major.