Admission to the Music Major and Upper Division
Acceptance to the Major is based on the following:
- Full faculty jury exams upon completion of 112 and 211 (opportunity for the department to provide input on progress)
- Passing Musicianship grades (C or above, Music 111/121, 112/122, 211/221, 212/222)
- Recommendation of studio instructor & faculty vote at department interview
- Students desiring to change their degree concentration in the junior or senior years, following formal acceptance into the Music Major, must present another concentration-appropriate full-faculty jury exam in that semester.
- Transfer students seeking acceptance to the Music Major must complete full-faculty jury exams upon completion of 112 and 211.
Admission to Upper Division:
An official application to apply for a major is provided by the Registrar's Office to each sophomore at the beginning of spring semester. All students must fill out and submit the online application completely. A department interview (consisting of concentration declaration, career path questions, and faculty concerns of student progress) will be held during the spring semester after the application is completed.