- The National Federation of Republican Women established the Betty Rendel Scholarship Fund in September 1995 in honor of NFRW Past President Betty Rendel's extraordinary leadership skills and dedication to the Republican Party in her home state of Indiana, as well as at the national level. Three annual scholarships of $1000 are awarded to undergraduates who are majoring in political science, government or economics and who have successfully completed at least two years of college coursework. The recipients are chosen from applicants from across the nation.
- The Masters of Social Work Online Hunger and Poverty Blog provides many resources covering food banks, anti-hunger organizations, anti-poverty policies along with personal and professional sites.
- The Public Leadership Education Network is a national organization whose focus is to prepare college women for leadership in the public policy arena. The registration deadline for their Public Policy Seminar is Dec. 13, 2013. The seminar will be held in Washington D.C. on Jan 14-17, 2014. Scholarships are available.
- The Tri College NEW Leadership Development Institute provides leadership training, inspiration, and support for women. The institute will be held May 28-June 1, 2014 at Minnesota State Univeristy Moorhead, MN. Applications will be accepted until March 10, 2014.
- The League of Minnesota Cities lists a variety of full time city positions available throughout Minnesota.
The Eugene J. McCarthy Center for Public Policy & Civic Engagement lists additional resources without regard to political affiliation.
For more opportunities, please visit the External Scholarship Office webpage.
If you are aware of a scholarship or other opportunity which would be of interest to students at the McCarthy Center, please contact Matt Lindstrom at firstname.lastname@example.org.