The McCarthy Center believes in the importance of experiential learning as a way to engage students in the many layers of the policy making process. Study tours bring students face-to-face with key players and organizations working on current policy issues like green urban planning, immigration, and rural development. If you have an idea for a future study tour (especially something local), please contact Stacy Penk at [email protected] with your idea.
Led by CSB/SJU professors Matt Lindstrom (political science) and Bob Bell (accounting and finance)
Site visits and meetings included:
- Visits to NBC Studios, Sirius XM, United Nations, and Huffington Post
- Federal Reserve Bank and the floor of the Wall Street Stock Exchange
- A visit with an Ambassador to the U.N.
- A special feature of the 2015 trip will be an on-site live interview on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" featuring professor Bob Bell.
- $1200 per person
- Includeds airfare from Minneapolis-St. Paul to NYC, hotel suite for the duration of the trip, 2 meals per day, and local transportation