- Arca Artium
- A special collection of books, music, prints, and art objects with an emphasis on liturgical arts and the history of the book.
- Archives for both monasteries, the College of St. Benedict, and St. John's University.
- Hill Museum & Manuscript Library
- HMML locates monastic manuscripts from Europe and Africa, and preserves them on microfilm. This library specializes in the Middle Ages, and another of their projects is collating incipits (the first lines) of medieval manuscripts and publishing them on CD-ROM.
- Special Collections
- Rare and unusual items, other than those found in the Archives or HMML, are in the Special Collections of both campuses. Special Collections also are the home of some collections of books on particular topics.
St. Cloud Area
- Great River Regional Library
- Public library system serving St. Cloud and six surrounding counties.
- St. Cloud State University
- Search SCSU's library via MnPALS.
- The shared catalog of several colleges and universities in the Twin Cities, including Augsburg College, Bethel College, College of St. Catherine, Concordia University, Hamline University, Macalester College, Northwestern College, and the University of St. Thomas.
- Minnesota Web Directory: Libraries
- Arranged by type of library (public, academic, government, etc.). Some catalogs are on the Web; others use telnet. The "Special Libraries" at the end are worth a look.
- The online catalog of the University of Minnesota.
- MTLA Catalogs
- Links to the online catalogs of the five members of the Minnesota Theological Library Association.
The United States
- Library of Congress Catalog
- The Library of Congress offers both basic and guided search options.
- Libraries in the United States
- LIBCAT. Libraries with online catalogs. Arranged by state. Provides logon and logoff instructions for libraries with special procedures.
- British Library
- Allows online searching of several collections held by the national library of the U.K.
- LibDex lists library catalogs available on the WWW.National Library of Canada - Bibliothèque nationale du Canada
- French or English. User-friendly.
- Libraries Outside the United States
- Libraries with online catalogs. Also from LIBCAT. Arranged by country, and then alphabetically. Provides logon and logoff instructions for libraries with special procedures.
- The European Library
- "The European Library webservice is a portal which offers access to the combined resources (books, magazines, journals.... - both digital and non-digital) of the 43 national libraries of Europe. It offers free searching and delivers digital objects - some free, some priced."
- OCLC's catalog of books and other materials in libraries worldwide.
- Z39.50 Gateway
- Z39.50 is a web-based gateway which allows users to search other catalogs without learning special terminology. Search the Library of Congress and several other libraries, most in the U.S.