Instructions for French and German Placement Exams
Important information: The placement exam is a tool used to help determine where your high school level of French or German corresponds to the course levels at CSB/SJU. The exam is not a means to "test out" of the global language proficiency requirement, nor do you receive credit for your score or placement. Therefore, to avoid skewing your proper placement, we strongly advise you not to study for the exam or use study materials while taking the exam.
Please read through these instructions before you begin the test. You may want to print them out to have with you as you take it.
Browser requirements are listed below. Supported browsers for Windows:
|Microsoft IE||5.0, 5.5, 6.0||4.0 and 5.5 SP1|
|Netscape||6.2.x, 7.0, and 7.1||4.7x to 4.8, 6.0 and 6.1|
|AOL||7.0, 8.0, 9.0||3.0 and earlier|
Supported browsers for Macintosh:
|Microsoft IE||5.1 (OS 9.x and OS X 10.1) and 5.2 (OS X 10.1, 10.2, 10.3)||--|
|Netscape||6.2.x (OS 9.x and OS X), 7.0 & 7.1 (OS X)||4.7x to 4.8 and 6.1|
|Mozilla||1.5, 1.6 (OS X)||--|
IMPORTANT: Moodle uses pop-up windows to display the placement tests. If you have pop-up blocking software installed, it may prevent your browser from displaying the test. To take the test, you must disable any pop-up blocking software you have installed in your browser. Alternatively, if your blocking software has white-listing capabilities, you can whitelist the server "moodle.csbsju.edu".
Accessing the French or German placement exam on Moodle
- Go to https://placement.moodle.csbsju.edu/course/view.php?id=7
- On the Moodle login page, enter the username and password that was sent to you or (for currently-enrolled students) your CSB/SJU network username and password
- Click the "Login" button.
- In the dialog box: "You are about to enroll yourself as a member of this course. Are you sure you wish to do this"?
- Click "Yes"
- You will be at the MCLL Placement Exam page.
- Click the Placement Exam Instructions link on that page to review procedures to take your exam.
If you have questions about this testing process, call Mary Niedenfuer at (320) 363-5067 or e-mail: email@example.com.