Study Abroad Sample Questions
Encountering Others: Seeing You Seeing Me
- How did you perceive the people of your host culture before you left?
- In what ways do you believe that others from your host culture perceived people from your culture before you arrived? How did they perceive your presence while you were there?
- When have you experienced relationships that challenged your sense of self?
Returning: Navigation and Change
- What were the comfortable, familiar things from your trip abroad that you miss now?
- Name specific things that you do to cope with times of disorientation.
- What have you learned anew since returning from your experience abroad?
Storytelling: Reliving the Memories
- Tell the story about something that startled you about being abroad.
- discrepancies do you notice when you listen to others from your group re-tell the stories? Are they the same as how you remember the actual events?
- How has your experience abroad changed or confirmed the plan that you had laid out for the story of your life?
Transforming: Who was I Before? Who was I Abroad? Who do I Want to be Now?
- What three words describe who you were before you left, while you were abroad and where you desire to be in the future?
Integrating: Daily Life Experiences and Life's Big Questions
- What little changes have you been noticing since you've been back?
- What are the little things that you cold do regularly to keep your experience abraod alive?