Funding Request/Program Sponsorship Guidelines
To apply for a Mini-Grant, please fill out the Mini-Grant Application Form.
Please read the following information about our Mini-Grant program before completing your grant application.
Mini-Grant Process Protocol
- Understand Program Goals
- Complete online application
- Proposal reviewed by committee within one month; notification given within six weeks
- Work with Companions on a Journey director to revise and refine original proposal (if requested)
- Submit revised Mini-Grant application (if needed)
- Complete or implement project
- Submit final project budget and financial documentation
- Submit evaluations
Companion on a Journey Goals
Our Mini-Grants Program is one of the development opportunities for faculty, support staff, administrators, and students related to the CSB Theological Exploration of Vocation programming. The goals for this program are to:
- Strengthen and enhance vocational awareness among the students and alumnae of the College of Saint Benedict through the process of companioning. Through companioning relationships, participants will be invited to:
- listen for God's calling in the concrete experiences of their everyday lives
- explore the various ways in which women can serve as leaders and ministers in church and society
- provide mutual support to one another in responding to God's calling
- encourage ongoing refelction on vocation and the practice of faith
- Infuse the notion of vocation and heighten the visibility and value of its meaning within the academic and co-curricular activities of the College of Saint Benedict
- incorporate vocational reflection into existing coursework and programming
- introduce new venues designed to foster vocational reflection
- Stengthen and enhance vocational awareness among the faculty, staff, and administrators of the College of Saint Benedict through development opportunities that:
- invite them to reflect on their lives from a vocational perspective in order to be better prepared to help students through the same process
- support their efforts to incorporate knowledge of vocation into their work with students
Some project examples include:
Grant awards will not exceed $2,000. Typically, $750 will be awarded for course or program modification; $1500 will be awarded for new course or program development; awards for co-curricular programming will vary.
Proposals submitted by the first of the month will be reviewed that month by a committee. Notification will be given within six weeks of proposal submission.
When approved for funds, you will be responsible for:
- Completing and filing paperwork related to expenditures and turning it into the Companions on a Journey office for dubgeting approval, e.g. W-9 forms, stipend forms, check requests, receipts, etc.
- Keeping track of expenditures - can be done by you (and turned in) or monitored through the office via regular communication between you and the Companions on a Journey staff on Excel documentation.
Copies of evaluation measures, tools, and results must be turned into our office upon completion of project/event. Or if the project is an ongoing program then periodic evaluations are submitted.