CITI Human Subjects Research Training
The College of Saint Benedict/Saint John's University Institutional Review Board subscribes to CITI (Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative) to meet training needs for its members and human subjects researchers. CITI offers courses in a variety of research-related topics and is used by thousands of subscribing academic institutions, government agencies and commercial organizations to train their researchers.
- Go to http://www.citiprogram.org.
- Click on Register to Create an account.
- Under Participating Institutions, select College of Saint Benedict/Saint John's University then click Continue to Step 2.
- Complete the registration process (username, password, email, etc.) following the system prompts.
- When you get to the page asking you to select type of course, click on Human Subjects Research.
- Select the appropriate Human Subject Research course:
- Biomedical Research Investigators
- Social and Behavioral Research Investigators
- IRB members
- Students conducting no more than minimal risk research
- Research with data or laboratory specimens.
- You should now see a main menu that looks similar to the screen shot below. Under the heading "College of Saint Benedict/Saint John's University Courses" should be the course you selected.
- Enter the course and complete the Integrity Assurance Statement.
- Proceed to complete the modules. It is not necessary to complete the course in one session. Some modules will take only a few minutes while some may take close to an hour. Keep your log-in information in a safe place so you can find it when you return to finish the course in subsequent session(s).
- Most, not all, of the modules have a quiz. The system will display your quiz score in the Course Gradebook. If you wish, you can review a module and re-take the quiz (different questions will appear) to improve your score.
- When you have completed all the modules with an overall score of 80% or better, email the Completion Report to the IRB Chair at [email protected].
- After you have completed your selected course, you may use your same log-in at a later date to go back and review the material, or you can complete another course.