Please update your web browser or disable Compatibility View.
Intercultural and International Student Services

Employment Regulations

Students who come to the United States to study should have sufficient financial resources so that they will not have to work. However, most students work.


  • Students on F-I visas, you can work on either the CSB or SJU campus without authorization. The job must not interfere with your academic work and therefore cannot exceed 20 hours per week while school is in session.
  • Students may work as part of practical training. Please see section on Employment Options.
  • Due to economic problems in home countries or unforeseen changes in circumstance, some students may want to consider working off-campus. Immigration regulations are strict in regard to employment and if you need or want to work off-campus, please contact the Director of Intercultural and International Student Services. You will have to apply for permission to work off-campus. Also see Employment Options.

How to Find a Job

  • On-Campus. You can view job listings on the student employment website Students are encouraged to start their job search as early as possible. Each department does their own hiring and students must inquire directly with the departments that most interest them. Job listings are also advertised on the "Blue Screen" Channel 8 which you can access from your residential hall and many other places.
  • Off-Campus. International students are not permitted to work off campus except for certain circumstances. Please contact the Director of Intercultural and International Student Services for the proper work documents.