BOTH SESSIONS ARE NOW FILLED AND CLOSED FOR 2014
First Session: May 22-June 27, 2014
Second Session: June 26-August 1, 2014
The summer program in Valladolid, Spain, is mainly, although not solely, intended for students who are looking to fulfill their language requirement while completely immersing in the Spanish culture. Participants live with Spanish families for the entire duration of the five week program. The program is also intended for students who are thinking about majoring or pursuing a minor in Spanish. It provides a great opportunity to develop their language skills to an appropriate level for advanced Spanish courses. The program includes visit to historical cities such as Salamanca and Segovia; visit to museums and castles (Coca and Peñafiel), among others, and some social events such as a welcome reception and a farewell dinner.This program offers the following courses during both sessions:
- 200 Intensive Intermediate Spanish I (8 credits)
- This course shall cover the thematic and linguistic content of Spanish 112 and 211. Completion of this course fulfills the core language requirement.
- 211 Intermediate Spanish (4 credits)
- Completion of this course fulfills the core language requirement.
- 212 Texts and Contexts in the Hispanic World (4 credits)
- 311 Written/oral Communication I (4 credits)
- 312 Written/oral Communication II (4 credits)
To be determined each year. If you take an 8-credit course, the cost of the entire program which includes room and board with a Spanish family (three meals a day, laundry), health insurance, and visit to museums, cathedrals, castles, and historical cities; it will be roughly the same or less than the same 8 credits on campus on any given semester.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. An early application will be to your advantage.
- Deadline for applying is Dec. 20, 2013.
- Deposit of $300 is due within 5 days of acceptance to reserve your spot.
- Deposits are refundable up to two weeks after they are received.