London Summer Internships
May 18 - July 16 OR June 15 - August 13, 2017
- Opportunity live and work in one of the largest cities in the world
- Learn about British Life and Culture by visiting such places as the Tate Modern, Shakespeare's Globe Theatre, and Houses of Parliament
- Live in the culturally vibrant neighborhood of Kensington (your neighbors will be Prince William and Princess Kate!)
- Earn experience and professional skills by interning at a small or medium-sized organization
Spend your summer in an international internship in one of the most vibrant cities in the world. London offers a vast resource for experience-based learning. The work environments available to FIE interns cater to almost every major and include the various business sectors, not-for-profit, political, public sector and creative organizations. Through FIE's internship placements, you will have the opportunity to build professional skills, increase industry knowledge and experience while working in a different culture and in a major global city.
Course Name: International Field Experience
Course Number: SA 398
Credit Number: 1-4 credits
Designation: Experiential Learning
The estimated Program Fee is $5,700 plus one to four academic credit(s) at the reduced summer tuition rate (approximately $573 per credit).
This price includes:
- Tuition for British Life & Culture course
- Local transportation
The Program Fee does not include:
- Meals (estimated at $1200)
- Roundtrip airfare (estimated at $1400)
- Visa fees (estimated at $550)
- Personal expenses
Students will live in furnished flats (apartments) or residential style housing. In the flats, students will have access to common areas with televisions, WiFI, and kitchens.
This program operates on a hybrid model. Students will earn CSB/SJU credit for the internship and can take the internship course for 1-4 credits. Additionally, students will also earn transfer credit from FIE in London for a British Life and Culture course they will take abroad.