Before You Go
There are many things that you can do before departure to help you be successful:
- Attend ALL pre-departure meetings with your faculty director and/or the CGE staff.
- Buy your textbooks. Ask your faculty director or CGE program advisor if you need books.
- Complete all pre-departure assignments.
- Read as much as you can about your host culture. Read about their customs, traditions, languages, politics, current events, etc. You may consider purchasing a cultural guidebook, language guide, or travel book.
- Stay up on American politics and current events. Individuals in your host country will be also reading about the latest election news!
- Follow-up on special interests. If you have a hobby or interest here, find out how prevalent that subject is in your host country. Can you play rugby in Australia or study music in Ireland?
- Talk to others who are from the host country or who have also visited. Connect with Study Abroad Ambassadors and international students at CSB/SJU before you go.