CAMPUS ALERT: Due to the weather, all evening classes at CSB and SJU are canceled. The LINK bus will run on its regular schedule until 5 p.m. and then every hour on the hour for the remainder of the evening, weather permitting. Pre-scheduled campus and community events and college/university sponsored events scheduled at off campus locations may continue at the discretion of the divisional VP.
Mission Statement and Learning Goals
The Management Department prepares students for management careers in diverse organizations and for graduate education. The program will enhance students’ critical thinking, communication skills, and understanding of Benedictine values. The foundation in the liberal arts and management discipline will enable students to become responsible citizens, ethical leaders, life long learners, and innovators.
Management Department Learning Goals
Students should be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding and application of the principles of management, organizational behavior, and finance
- Demonstrate understanding of the quantitative applications in the functional areas of business studied
- Demonstrate understanding and application of organizational strategy in a changing, global environment
- Be proficient in problem solving
- Be proficient in the use of computer software and other information sources
- Participate in group projects in a variety of courses
- Demonstrate an understanding of socially responsible behavior
- Communicate effectively in oral and written format