The study of gender is an important element in the humanities, fine arts, social sciences, and natural sciences.
Gender Studies allows students and faculty to link the examination of gender:
- across academic disciplines
- examine the gender roles in lives of both men and women
- as well as the social construction of both masculinity and femininity
The program incorporates:
- a variety of methodologies
- theoretical approaches
- and an interdisciplinary framework to explore intersects with and biological construction of gender and sexuality.
Students who complete the Gender Studies major or minor will have worked with materials and methodologies from several academic disciplines in order to gain an understanding of how gender functions across cultures and in their own lives as it intersects with race, class, age, ethnicity, and sexuality.
Study Abroad Opportunities: