Stephen B Humphrey Theater
The Stephen B. Humphrey Theater was originally named the Auditorium-Music Hall and opened on May 10, 1928. The Auditorium-Music Hall was dedicated to Stephen Benedict Humphrey. Teacher, mentor, friend to three generations of students, Mr. Humphrey - as his students knew him - was a model of liberal education at its best.
In 1985 a 2.5 million dollar renovation was completed in which organ and choral practice rooms were completed, the main theater was reshaped and remodeled and finally, the basement was completely renovated. The Stephen B. Humphrey Theater annually hosts 200+ public events including: the college-sponsored Fine Arts Series; plays, concerts, speakers' series and other regionally-produced offerings.