Helgeson Dance Studio
|Named in honor of the late Arlene Helgeson, a longtime friend of the college and performing arts, the dance studio and rehearsal space highlights the growing dance program at CSB/SJU and creates wonderful partnership opportunities between the schools and the national dance companies. As a fine arts laboratory space, the studio is used primarily for dance and theater classes and rehearsals. Visiting dance artists also conduct master classes in the studio for students and the community.|
- The Studio is Approximately 38'6" x 44'
- The North Wall is covered with floor to ceiling mirrors and a wooden bar at 44" These can be covered with black curtains.
- The South and West walls are painted white and can be covered by black curtains as well.
- The East wall is bench area for resting and is bordered with a full wall of windows to the mall area of the CSB campus.
- There are outlets (RCA plugs) for audio in each corner of the room for Ipod or MP3 player inputs. These run to the ceiling mounted speakers for evenly distributed sound throughout the entire studio.
- There are 5 portable barres that are 8 feet long and have cross bars at 30" and 40".