Grant research resources
Maximize your potential for external funding by carefully targeting your grant proposals to the right funders.
Two key steps
- Clearly define your idea
- Search for funders that support projects in your area of expertise
Grant Research Databases available to CSB/SJU Faculty, Staff and Students
- Scangrants is a free database of grant opportunities in health-related disciplines for undergrads through senior researchers. Entries include grant programs that support travel, conference attendance, research, publication awards and more.
- H-Net, a site for humanities scholars, includes a free database of funding opportunities in the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) contains detailed descriptions of over 2,000 federal grant programs.
- The Minnesota Council on Foundations site provides grant news, information, and grantmaker links and deadlines.
- Minnesota Grants is a single entry point to State of Minnesota competitive grant opportunities. Grant seekers can search for grant opportunities by state agency or by subject area.
- Minnesota State Register contains notices of state grant competitions and other state government business.
Grant Resources for Grants Staff
- Charity Channel site has discussion lists and articles on a wide range of topics relevant to philanthropy, including grants. Subscription for grants staff only.
- Colleges of Liberal Arts Sponsored Programs (CLASP) supports grants staff working at liberal arts colleges with a listserv, listserv archive and wiki.
- The Foundation Center site offers a wealth of information on grantseeking, including a Foundation Finder tool, and RFP Bulletin. Our subscription to Foundation Directory Online is available to grants staff only.
- Foundation Center Grants to Individuals On-Line contains nearly 10,000 grant opportunities for individuals. Subscription for grants staff only.
- Grantsmanship Center Alumni Database contains information on corporate, foundation, and government giving programs. It also provides a listing of new federal grant announcements. Subscription for grants staff only.
- National Council of University Research Administrators (NCURA) provides education and professional development opportunities for sponsored programs staff.