CAMPUS ALERT: Due to the weather, all evening classes at CSB and SJU are canceled. The LINK bus will run on its regular schedule until 5 p.m. and then every hour on the hour for the remainder of the evening, weather permitting. Pre-scheduled campus and community events and college/university sponsored events scheduled at off campus locations may continue at the discretion of the divisional VP.
- Biomechanics is the study and explanation of the laws of physics as applied to physical activity, exercise and sport.
- Biomechanics can be used to explain how muscles, bones, and joints are injured under certain conditions and to improve performance using motion analysis techniques.
- Biomechanists are typically employed in:
- Research setting and clinical sites
- Future growth appears to be in industrial ergonomic settings.
- Minimal requirement is generally a master's degree.