CAMPUS ALERT: Due to the weather, all evening classes at CSB and SJU are canceled. The LINK bus will run on its regular schedule until 5 p.m. and then every hour on the hour for the remainder of the evening, weather permitting. Pre-scheduled campus and community events and college/university sponsored events scheduled at off campus locations may continue at the discretion of the divisional VP.
Degrees and Post Graduate Research
- M.S. in Human Nutrition, Cornell University
Emphasis in international nutrition and community nutrition
Minor in Rural Sociology, Emphasis on Food and Agriculture
- B.A. in Dietetics, San Jose State University
Honors in Dietetics
- Locally Grown Foods
- Food Issues Related to Gender
- Farm to School Initiatives
- World Hunger
- Innovative and Environmental studies pedagogy
Recent Presentations and Research
- Challenge: Sustainability at College of St. Benedict and Saint John's University. At the Joint Annual meeting of Agriculture, food and human values Society and Association for study of food and society. June 3 2011, in Montana.
- Regularly interviewed by St. Cloud Times on food, nutrition, and agricultural issues. Most recent was on: Eating Out Suggestions.
- Diane will be on sabbatical during spring semester of 2012. She will be finishing her second edition of her book: Ethnic Foodways in Minnesota.
- Handbook for people in Health Professions and Social work on Food traditions and beliefs of Minnesotan immigrant and refugee populations.
- Serves on a sub committee on sustainability in St. Cloud on local foods for district 742.
- 6th Year on board for SASSO: Somali Salvation Organization of St. Cloud Area.
- ENVR 150: Introduction to Environmental Studies
- ENVR 225: Food, Gender and the environment
- ENVR 321: Sustainable Agriculture
- ENVR 390: Poverty, Hunger and Ethical Issues