What can you do with a degree in English?
Our English department graduates have gone on to diverse careers in many fields including teaching, writing, editing, publishing, law, and others.
Here's what our graduates from 2010 - 2012 are doing and of those employed full-time, the job categories:
Career Resources and Testimonies
- Non-Profit Sector Careers
- Governmental Sector Careers
- Business and Corporate Sector Careers
- Publishing, Journalism, and Freelance Writing
- Law and Other Legal Careers
- Medicine and Other Health Professions
- Teaching, Library Science, and Education Administration
- Opportunities Abroad
- Graduate School
Consider some of the many internship opportunities available through CSB/SJU.
- "A demonstrated capacity to think critically, communicate clearly, and solve complex problems is more important than [a candidate's] undergraduate major." (Read the key findings of the AACU study here.)
Our pre-professional programs provide training for interviews and applications.
- View our graduate database to see what our recent grads are doing.