Support for Students
How does the Service-Learning Department Support Students?
- Provides opportunities that complement curriculum taught in the classroom.
- Makes them aware of opportunities for transportation to sites (Carpooling, ELCE Mini-Bus).
- Finds alternative sites for those students who are unable to commit to the site in which they are originally signed to.
- Monitors hours throughout the semester.
- Communicates with community partners when there is difficulty starting a site placement.
- Communicates with community partners when there are student concerns and successes throughout the semester.
- Facilitates reflection sessions in and outside of class.
- Provides expectations regarding the fundamental aspects of service-learning (through initial presentations and on-going communication throughout the semester).
- Arranges for community partner interviews on-campus and attendance of on-campus reflection sessions.