The following is a brief list of information requested of faculty by the Service-Learning Program. All information contributes to the success of the service-learning experience and the integrity of the program.
1. Students and community partners will be asked to complete an evaluation of their experience. This will be shared with professors for grading purposes.
2. Schedule a date, time, and location of initial presentation by the Service-Learning Program.
a. Requests for Fall semester - due mid-late April
b. Requests for Spring Semester - due mid-late November
3. Coordinate and confirm community partners and report these sites to the Service-Learning Program. If offering service-learning in a course that is taught yearly, the Service-Learning Program will assume that community partners will remain the same unless otherwise notified by the professor.
4. Schedule dates requesting the Service-Learning Program and/or community partners to facilitate and/or attend reflection discussions.
5. Provide the Service-Learning Program with a current syllabus. Updated syllabi are requested each semester.
Note: If your course requires a service-learning component, this must be submitted with course offerings and designated in the registration catalogue. This is not required if service-learning is optional.
Beginning of Semester
During the Semester
End of Semester