Before Semester Begins:
1. Faculty will alert the Service-Learning Program of community partner needs.
a. Requests for Fall Semester- due mid-late April.
b. Requests for Spring Semester- due mid-late November.
2. Service-Learning Program will notify community partner of new possible pairings at their site.
3. If offering service-learning in a course that is taught yearly, the Service Learning Program will assume that community partners will remain the same unless otherwise notified by the professor.
4. The Service-Learning Program will forward course syllabi to community partners to ensure each course's specific learning goals are met at each site.
Beginning of Semester
Note: The Service-Learning Program makes every attempt to place students with their first preference site of service. This is not possible in every case. Students need to be aware that by ranking placements, they are indicating that they are willing to work with a second or third choice as well.
During the Semester
End of Semester
Transportation is the greatest challenge and barrier faced by the Service-Learning Program. Currently, we have two options for transportation for students:
• The use of a personal vehicle or car pool with a friend or class mate
• The ELCE mini-bus