View a complete list of abstracts awaiting your finalization!
The department scheduler role will function very similarly as it has in past years, wherein one person will organize the space required to highlight student research and creative works for the entire program/department. As the scheduler, you will be asked to do a few different things to facilitate your presentations:
- At the start of each spring semester, a campus-wide email is sent outlining important dates for the year's Celebrating Scholarship & Creativity Day. At that time, we ask that departments discuss amongst staff and faculty members who will serve as the ONE Scholarship & Creativity Day scheduler. This person will reserve spaces, as well as be the contact for questions concerning your department's needs and scheduling students' abstracts amongst designated, departmental spaces on-campus. **Department Schedulers should plan for set-up/takedown time in their room reservations.
- Please note that this year's CSC Day will incorporate a prayer service to celebrate the love of learning at St. John's Abbey Church from 11:40 a.m. - 12:10 p.m. Please schedule accordingly and encourage your departments to attend.
- Once the student abstract portal is open, and an abstract/s has/have been submitted by a student or an advisor, you will receive an email asking you to schedule the submission by selecting, "Click here to complete the form." You will be asked to provide the following (please contact Events on either campus if you have forgotten where you have scheduled your departmental presentations):
- Room number
- Beginning time of presentation. All large poster presentations will be at either 8:30 a.m. or 1:00 p.m. for your assigned campus and will last for 50 minutes.
- We ask that you solicit moderators for your presentations. The moderator's role is described under the "Information for Moderators" section of this webpage. Moderators may be faculty, staff, and/or students.
The ending date on each of the three parts of the application process is the deadline. That is, students will no longer be able to submit project descriptions after March 29, faculty will need to complete their work by April 12 and department schedulers will need to complete scheduling by April 21.
If you have any questions about the process or if you encounter problems scheduling please don't hesitate to contact us.