"The task of a teacher, who is also a learner, is both joyful and rigorous. It demands seriousness and scientific, emotional and affective preparation." Paulo Freire
Through college classes and practical experiences, we prepare teachers who understand the complexities of today's classrooms and are ready to put this understanding to work for the benefit of young children and adolescents.
Overview of Program
- Classroom experience during all four years of study.
- Teacher education programs that prepare for teaching at the elementary (K-6), middle level (5-8), secondary (9-12), and specialist (K-12) levels.
- Classroom management, a field of study that will be increasingly important as the student/teacher ratios increase, is integrated throughout the curriculum.
- Learn more about our program.
- The average job placement rate for education majors is 90 percent.
- Practical experience is a mainstay of the curriculum--students work in real classrooms all four years of the program.
- The department offers a course that examines the issue of teaching in diverse classrooms.
Please join us for the 6th Annual Writing Central Conference on November 9, 2012, featuring Keynote Speaker David LaRochelle.
Plus breakout sessions for Elementary, Mid-Level and Secondary Teachers.