Bennie Day of Service
Saturday, March 22, 2014
The Bennie Day of Service is a single day event that brings together members of the College of Saint Benedict community as they volunteer to serve local communities in honor of the college's centennial, "A Century of Connection."
Day of Service Goals
- To inspire, recognize and celebrate the power of women to improve their communities and create change through service to others
- To energize students, faculty, staff and alumnae in support of the college's values through a one-day service event
- To honor the Benedictine values that have been inspiring students at the College of Saint Benedict for more than 100 years
- To educate and raise awareness in the CSB community and beyond of the college's service initiatives
On-Campus Schedule for the day
9:30 - 10:00 a.m. (Claire Lynch)
10:00 - 11:00 a.m. (Claire Lynch)
Keynote Speaker: Valerie Jones '94, Executive Director, CSB Alumnae Relations
Presentation of the Centennial Service Award
11:15 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Educational Breakout Sessions:
- Youth Session: O'Connell's, HCC
- Elderly/Aging Session: Alumnae Hall, HCC
- Refugee/Immigrant Session: HAB 101
12:30 - 1:30 p.m.
Break for Lunch
1:30 - 4:30 p.m.
Open House with local community
4:30 - 5:00 p.m. (Gorecki 204)
For more information regarding the Bennie Day of Service, please email Christa Troup.