We are proud to say that this is our fifth year of having EcoReps on campus at CSB. We have grown each year, beginning with only 4 and now have 30 Bennies promoting a sustainable life style in the residence halls.
Eco-Reps are first-year and sophomore bennies who volunteer in their residence halls to promote awareness about sustainability by distributing information, and coordinating activities. Goals of our program include:
- To foster student creativity through program development that promotes community and communication in social sustainability, efficiency and resource conservation in economic sustainability, and respect and stewardship in ecological sustainability.
- To educate students about their environmental impact, ultimately influencing and changing lifestyles and habits.
- To foster student leadership through event planning and organization, open and peer-to-peer interactions, and through guided personal development.
- Set a live-in example of sustainability
- Design and display a monthly bulletin board
- Advertise and maintain FREEBOX
- Attend monthly meetings and semester training sessions
- Meet with RAs once a week, RDs once a month, and with other Eco-Reps as needed to complete tasks
- Plan an event once a semester to engage students in sustainability related issues
- Communicate with peers, addressing questions about sustainability
- Collaborate with student groups to promote health and well being
- Join in on many other creative and fun activities
Current and Former Eco-Reps
Eco-Reps 2013-2014: Niesha Ford, Sarah McLarnan, Emily Reimer, Frida Alvarez, Sarah Thayer, Sarah Haas, Lexi Bernstein, Claire Madden, Megan Lundquist, Danielle Schlender, and CJ Pettinger. Not pictured: Anais Wittrock, Madi Sundlof, Bao Yang, Erin Medvecz, and Esther Banaian.
Eco-Reps 2012-2013: Emily Reimer, Erin Medvecz, Sarah Evans, Emily Gould, Megan Lundquist, Kelsey Maas, and Danielle Schlender.
Not pictured: Mai Cua Yang, Katie Spoden, Haleigh Linn, Madi Sundlof, Siri Berg-Moberg, and Ester Banaian.
Eco-Reps 2011-2012: Emily Reimer, Erin Medvecz, Emily Gould, Sarah Evans, Hannah Haas, Mai Cua Yang, and Katie Spoden.
Eco-Reps 2010-2011: Briana Daniels, Emily Reimer, Katie Spoden, and Lindsey Envall.
Interested in becoming an Eco-Rep? Look for emails in the late summer and early fall to apply.