Name: Jamie Weekley
Position: Vice President
Studying: Communication major, Political Science minor
Why did you join Senate: I am on Senate because it is a place for strong women to help out their peers and share awesome ideas, as well as make a difference on campus. I love the way being a senator makes me feel.
How long have you been on Senate: 3 years
Favorite study spot on campus: The swivel chairs in Clemens Library- catch me there every day
Other activities on campus: Events Coordinator Co-Chair of the Sexual Assault Prevention Club, Communications Club member
Vice President Duties:
- Have one vote.
- Serve as a member of the Executive Board.
- Serve as a member of the Saint Ben’s Senate for two semesters.
- Serve as Parliamentarian.
- Act as President in the absence or at the request of the President.
- Maintain a working relationship with the office of Institutional Advancement.
- Maintain an efficient working relationship with the Saint John’s Senate, specifically with the Saint John’s Senate Vice President.
- Interview, select, oversee, and manage efficiency of the Executive Assistant.
- Coordinate the fall retreat with the Saint Ben’s Senate Executive Board and Senate Advisors.
- Oversee and review weekly board reports to monitor senator activity and assist when necessary.
- Appoint a senator to be a representative on the Fine Arts Programming Board.