Name: Laura Precourt
Position: Sustainability Representative
How long have you been on Senate: This is my first year on the Saint Ben's Senate!
Email: [email protected]
Sustainability Representative Duties:
- Have one vote.
- Promote and educate the community about campus issues pertaining to the four pillars of sustainability: economic, social, political, and environmental.
- Serve as liaison between the administration and students on campus sustainability issues.
- Meet with CSB staff to address issues pertaining, but not limited to: facilities, grounds, residential life, housing, culinary services and transpiration and their efforts in sustainability
- Serve as a member of the Arboretum Advisory Council.
- Serve as a member of the College Sustainability Council.
- Serve as liaison for the Full Circle Greenhouse.
- Aid in the planning and/or implementation of annual sustainability events and functions on campus.
- Organize tabling events to educate students about proper recycling and compost methods
- Ensure that the college remains dedicated to its sustainability commitments.
- Serve as a member of the Building and Grounds Committee for the Board of Trustees.
- Serve as a member of at least one regularly meeting sustainability group on campus (I.e. sustainability alliance, Ecohouses, Climate Action Club, etc).
- Manage the Facebook Ride Share page.
- Receive funds to investigate, propose, fund and enact sustainability efforts on campus.
- Receive a $250 stipend per semester.