Public Relations Representative
Name: Emily Webster
Studying: Double Majoring in Communication and Hispanic Studies
Position: Public Relations Representative
How long have you been on Senate: This will be my third year on Senate.
Why did you join Senate: I joined Senate as a sophomore because I saw it as a great way to get involved, learn more about the two institutions, and help make an impact on campus. I remained on Senate for three years because I believe the influence Senate has on campus is important and I love being apart of the organization.
Favorite study spot on campus: You can find me at the booths in the Alcuin Library basement.
Other activities on campus: I am also the Johnnie Bennie Campus News Executive Producer, a mentor through Big Brother Big Sister, volunteer as a Student Ambassador for CSB/SJU.
Email: [email protected]
Public Relations Represenative Duties:
- Have one vote.
- Serve as a member of the Executive Board.
- Serve as a member of the Saint Ben’s Senate for two semesters.
- Distribute press releases and campus media to the student body.
- Oversee the Public Relations Assistant in updating the Saint Ben’s Senate webpage on the school website.
- Serve as a resource for information on facilities, current policies, printing and advertising Saint Ben’s Senate sponsored events via email and social media (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Preserve the brand of the Saint Ben’s Senate when distributing information on all communication platforms.
- Publicize the Saint Ben’s Senate’s weekly agendas and announcements to the student body over email and social media.
- Coordinate Open and Special Elections for the Saint Ben’s Senate
- Coordinate a Saint Ben’s Senate Public Relations Campaign.
- Coordinate Bennie Day in conjunction with the Community Representative.
- Assist the Underclass Representative in planning fall orientation activities.
- Communicate directly with the President and Vice President regarding all Saint Ben’s Senate public information and its appropriate distribution.
- Serve as a member on the Board of Trustees Marketing and Enrollment Committee.
- Oversee and delegate tasks to the Public Relations Assistant in conjunction with the President.
- Serve as Webpage Designer and receive training from Information Technology Services if necessary.
- Be responsible for ordering Saint Ben’s Senate items and communicating with the Treasurer for spending updates.
- Plan monthly Senate visibility events if no other Senate-organized events take place that month.
- Meet with the Public Relations Assistant once a week.
- Receive a $250 stipend per semester.