First Year Representative
Name: Carissa Flores
Year: First Year
Studying: Major: Political Science and Economics, Minor: Hispanic Studies
Position: First Year Representative
How long have you been on Senate: This is my first semester of being on Senate.
Why did you join Senate: It's a great opportunity to help voice everyone's opinion and allow the community of Saint Ben’s to grow and be more connected. I want to be a constant part of improving CSB|SJU. I'm excited by the prospect of being the liaison for First-Years. It plays perfectly into my passion of helping people, getting to know people, and bringing people together. More than anything I want to be someone that ANY First-Year can come to.
Favorite study spot on campus: The Aurora C/D computer lab. It gets just the right amount of traffic. Not too busy, not too isolated.
Other activities on campus: Fides et Ratio, Element Dance Club, ELAC, Spanish Club, and Women's Choir.
First Year Representative Duties:
- Be a current first year student at CSB.
- Have one vote starting second semester.
- Act as a liaison between first year students and the Saint Ben’s Senate.
- Assist the Underclass Representative with events, committees and task forces pertaining to first year students.
- Serve as a member of the Culinary Task Force.
- Meet with the President and Vice President of the Saint Ben’s Senate monthly.
- Oversee the maintenance of Mary Commons.
- Create one event in collaboration with the Underclass Representative for first year Saint Ben’s students
- Be in charge of the “Wednesday’s Words of Wisdom” project. Share different senior Bennie’s advice each Wednesday during the fall semester with the first-year class.
- Update the first year class with senate related events and projects.