Club Allocations Chair
Name: Alexandra Stotz
Position: Club Allocations Chair
Studying: Elementary Education & Math Endorsement
Why did you join Senate: I chose to join CSB Senate because I wanted to voice my concerns and advocate passionately for student rights/needs. I also wanted to challenge myself to make a difference in our community through my actions on Senate.
How long have you been on Senate: 2 years
Favorite study spot on campus: My favorite study spot would be O'Connell's with the perfect cup of coffee!
Other activities you are involved in on campus: I am involved with the Education Club, and I am a TA for the Math Department.
Favorite thing about CSB/SJU: My favorite thing about CSB/SJU would be the amount of opportunities I have been given on campus! I am blessed to have had so many positive experiences, opportunities, and true friendships at CSB/SJU.
Allocations Chair Duties:
- Have one vote.
- Serve as a member of the Saint Ben’s Senate for two semesters.
- Attend all CFB meetings, held from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., every Monday and Co-chair the meetings with a member of the Saint John’s Senate.
- Serve as a member of the Executive Board.
- Chair the Saint Ben’s Senate Co-Funding Board as a voting member.
- Provide a summary of Co-Funding Board and Saint Ben’s Senate allocations to the Saint Ben’s Senate at the meeting following allocation decisions.
- Maintain an accessible file of all allocations requests.
- Work in conjunction with the Saint John’s Senate Activities Representative and Club Allocations Chair.
- Maintain a working relationship with the Student Activities office and Saint Ben’s Senate representative in regards to club issues and procedures.
- Report misuse of Saint Ben’s Senate allocations to the Saint Ben’s Senate and impose sanctions in accordance with Saint Ben’s Senate funding guidelines.
- Ensure that communication is occurring between Club Auditors and the club officers of their designated clubs.
- Be restricted from holding the office of treasurer in other organizations while in office.
- Meet with the business office administrations in conjunction with the Treasurer as deemed necessary.
- Transfer monies from Saint Ben’s Senate Co-Funding Board sub-account to various club accounts when needed as approved by the CFB.
- Calculate re-absorptions to the Saint Ben’s Senate miscellaneous account at the end of fall semester and at the end of spring semester, return the generated funds reabsorbed from clubs, and transfer the designated percentage of reabsorbed money from co-funded clubs to Saint John’s Senate in conjunction with the Allocations Chair.