SBS Funding Guidelines
The Saint Ben's Senate's main funding objective is to act as responsible stewards of the student activity fee. These guidelines are to guide the Senate in responsible decision-making and better inform students seeking funding.
SBS Will Consider Funding:
- Saint Ben's students, groups and events that will contribute to the Saint Ben's community and/or contribute to the student experience as a whole,
- Registration and conference fees in the amount of up to $300 per person, not to exceed $1,800 per event,
- An independent student based project, not already available on campus, which will seek alternative funding opportunities in the future,
- Post-season CSB only club sport competitions; see registration and travel guidelines,
- On-Campus events and speakers that are not eligible for funding from the Co-Funding Board,
- Travel (lodging and transportation, excluding meals) costs not to exceed $100 per person or up to 3/5 (60%) of travel.
If the need is greater than any of these amounts, requests will be considered on a case by case basis.
The SBS will tend not to fund:
- Alternative Break Experiences, Study Abroad programs,
- Experiences for class credit,
- Food while traveling,
- Departmentally housed organizations, projects, and events that could be funded by the department,
- More than $100 for prizes/giveaways/advertisements per group per academic year,
- Club events, programs, travel, or conferences which are eligible for funding by the Co-Funding Board,
- Individual experiences that will occur post-graduation.